Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Where Is Summer?

I don't know about you, but I have been waiting patiently for summer to arrive.  Very patiently. It has been rainy and unseasonably cool where I live and usually, by now, we are complaining of the heat. Not this year though and  I miss it!  I want to hear the cicadas singing their songs in the trees.  I want to be able to get in to my vegetable garden (which is just a big mud pile at the moment) and plan what I am going to do with all those veggies.  I especially want to enjoy a nice cold,  iced drink out on the patio.

So I have decided that even if the weather isn't going to co-operate I am going to still enjoy that nice cold drink on the patio anyway!

This is by far my most favourite drink right now....... Lemolicious iced tea (and maybe a little vodka)!



Have you ever heard of cold steeping your iced tea?  I didn't even know this was possible until I tried it out myself and now it's my go to way of making iced tea.  It is so easy and the flavour is just perfect.  This is how you do it........


Loose leaf Lemolicious Tea from "Steeped Tea"


The loose leaf tea ready to steep in the refrigerator.

You start with your loose leaf tea, a pitcher and some water.  I use 3 tablespoons of Lemolicious tea from Steeped Tea and three cups of cold water.  Simply put the tea in the bottom of the pitcher, add the water and set it in the fridge overnight.

After it steeps overnight you need to strain out the loose tea and then pour the liquid back in to the container.    Set the tea leaves aside.  I add three to four more cups of cold water and a full can of lemonade concentrate just to give it that extra "kick".  Delicious!


I also like to add some sliced lemons and ice cubes.  Now, I am just waiting on summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment