Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tea Party Time- Oh Nuts!



I am prepping for a tea party this week and I am super excited to try a new recipe!  Usually we snack on Earl Grey cookies, chai banana bread and caramel apple dip but this time I thought that I might like to try something new.

I saw this recipe on the Steeped Tea website and thought that it sounded pretty simple so I gathered all of the ingredients.

You will need:  
1 egg white, large
1 tsp water
4 cups of almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Steeped Tea Leapin' Lizards Chai

Preheat the oven to 250 degrees (F) and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.  Lightly beat the egg white with the water in a large bow until frothy.  (I started with a small bowl and realized that 4 cups of nuts would definitely not fit!)
Egg white beaten.


Almonds tossed with egg white.

After you have tossed the almonds with the frothy egg white add the mixed sugar, salt, cinnamon and Steeped Tea Leapin' Lizards Chai (delish!).




Finally, spread them on the baking pan and put it in the oven for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the almonds are browned.


Be careful!  These are highly addictive!


Now the only problem is not eating them all before the party!  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment