Saturday, July 6, 2013

Homemade Starbucks Shaken Black Iced Tea

I really like Starbucks Shaken Black Iced Tea.  Alot.  It's refreshing and delicious on a hot, sticky day.  What I don't like is parting ways with my hard earned money.  So, I decided to make my own at home!  Easy- peasy- lemon- squeezy!


It's definitely not difficult to do at home.  Just gather all of your necessary ingredients and get to it.  What you need:  a chilled strong brewed black tea (I use Steeped Tea's Irish Breakfast), lemonade, ice and a shaker- or in my case a Magic Bullet. (A simple syrup is optional).


 This is what you do for one serving of Shaken Black Iced Tea:

1.  Steep your tea strong and then place it in the fridge to cool.  I only made one drink for myself so I simply made one cup of tea but you could make a full pot so you have a whole batch of it ready in the fridge!

2.  In a shaker, pour in the one cup of tea, about half of a cup of  lemonade and some ice (you decide how much!) and shake it, shake it, shake it!  I used my Magic Bullet to shake it all together because, well, I didn't have a shaker!  (If you want to add simple syrup add it before shaking).

3.  Pour into the glass of your choice and garnish with sliced lemons!  Delish!











I think that I am going to try this with Organic Peach tea next and a little bit of simple syrup!  Or maybe Magical Mango...........   decisions, decisions :)











No comments:

Post a Comment